November is National Diabetes Month, and it is estimated that 10.5% of Americans have diabetes. Diabetes is not easy on the wallet—most people with diabetes spend an average of $16,750 per year on medical costs. Fortunately, MotivHealth’s Diabetic Patient Care program can help you significantly reduce your costs on insulin and supplies.
MotivHealth partners with DiaThrive, a local Utah company, to provide free hospital-quality testing supplies to our members, which are delivered to members’ homes monthly. The first kit arrives within 2-3 days, and refill orders arrive within 3-5 days. Click here to view our plan options and frequently asked questions.
- Glucose Meter
- Results in 4 seconds
- Requires tiny 0.4 µL sample size.
- The FDA regulates all meters and requires them to be within 15% of laboratory value. The studies done with DiaThrive meters find that they are more accurate than many of the meters in the market.
- Test Strips
- Accurate test strips that support re-dosing
- Universal design that is compatible with most lancing devices
- Control Solution
- Perfect tool to ensure test strips are providing accurate results
- Lancing Device
- Five depth settings for maximum comfort
- Carrying Case
- High-quality materials to restore and protect testing supplies
Insulin Cost Reduction
If 10.5% of Americans have diabetes, yet why is insulin so expensive? It doesn’t have to be. Through MotivHealth’s Diabetic Patient Care program, members can eliminate their out-of-pocket costs for insulin.*
Though MotivHealth is always happy to assist with diabetes costs and supplies, there are many ways to help prevent type 2 diabetes. Regular exercise and a balanced diet go a long way. Even simple exercises like walking are highly beneficial. If you struggle to find the motivation to exercise, check out MotivHealth’s Steps Program. You can earn $1 for every day you walk 8,000 steps or more, up to 20 days per month towards your HSA. That’s $20 per month or $250 per year that you can earn (counting the extra $10 for December). Your spouse can also participate and together you can earn $500 per year. You can also visit motivhealth.com/motivmagazine for healthy recipes and simple exercise tips.
*Not all insulins are part of the Diabetic Patient Care program. Testing supplies are free if members use our preferred vendors for meters, test strips, and lancets.