- 1 large zucchini, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mini pepperonis
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini slices onto the lined baking sheet in an even layer.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the top of each slice. Top with cheese, pepperoni, and black olives.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
by Taste of Home
- 8 thin slices cooked turkey
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
1. Place 2 slices of turkey on each tortilla.
2. Layer with tomato, green pepper, lettuce and cheese.
3. Drizzle with salad dressing. Roll up tightly.
PB & J Apple Slices
- 2 Apples
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup jelly
- Slice apples into ¼” rounds. Use a small cookie cutter to cut the core from the center of each slice.
- Spread peanut butter on jelly on half of the slices then cover with the remaining halves.
- Serve immediately.
Chocolate Brownie No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins, packed
- 1 cup (120 g) cashews
- ¼ cup (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- Place raisins in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
- Add raisins and all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture turns into the consistency of sand. Remove blade from the unit.
- Using your hands, scoop out dough and form into balls on the palms of your hands.
- Chill for 30 minutes and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one week.
Peanut Butter Strawberry Banana Quesadilla
by Ambitious Kitchen
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 whole grain tortillas (or gluten free, grain free, regular)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4-5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, if desired
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil or coconut oSpread 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter evenly over each tortilla. Arrange both the banana and strawberry slices over one tortilla, sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and add chocolate chips if using. Top with the remaining tortilla, peanut butter side down. Press gently to help them stick together.
2. When the skillet is hot, add the quesadilla, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into the quesadilla 3 times to make 6 triangles total. Serves 2, 3 slices each.
3. When the skillet is hot, add the quesadilla, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into the quesadilla 3 times to make 6 triangles total. Serves 2, 3 slices each.